Does Anyone Still Use Bing?

Tyisha Landers, Contributor

Do you remember Bing?  You know, the search engine with the really boring backdrops of “adventurous” places just staring at you while you type in your question? Yeah, that search engine. Many teens my age may remember using this engine back when we were younger (when our parents didn’t trust us with the ‘explicitness’ of Google). But if I had a dime for every time a person chooses Google over Bing, I’d have quite a lot of money. There’s no need for me to tell you the exact amount, just know that it would be a lot. But poor Bing can’t help it when it comes to being compared to Google. It’s a sad, but well-known fact that Bing has lost its touch, or never really had the touch to lose, anyway.

Nowadays, it’s all comes down to instinct with the search engines of the World Wide Web. People are just so prone to using Google as the new ‘medical solver’ or ‘step-by-step instructor’ that it’s probably buried within our DNA. Nevertheless, Google has always had great technology, but whether people know it or not, some users still like to use Bing for its “excellent results.” In fact, according to Quora.com, “When it comes to the quality of search results Bing wins hands down over Google because Bing, unlike Google, is just really, really picky about what it will include in its index.”

Now, what did you come up with? Was it a ‘No, I never use Bing.’ or ‘Bing is disgusting! Just look at that symbol!’ or maybe even ‘I use it every now and then, just to get a break from Google.’ If you chose either of the first two choices, then you are NOT open minded! Just kidding–it just simply means you’re not into Bing.

Okay, not into Bing folks: Don’t you just loooove Google and its realness? Most times, it’s a bit too extreme and will quickly turn your search of ‘What to do with leftover hot dogs’ into an awkward odyssey. In spite of any faults, Google is the most used search engine in the WORLD. Google has answered many problems – but also created more in the midst of it. Ever looked up a symptom? Well, according to Google’s pettiness, it will give you the origin of that symptom and the horrors of what could now be a disease inside your body. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

But in the end, Google has won, and will continue to win at the rate that it’s going. Bing, well, Bing will be Bing. It’s still going to be your annoying default search engine (before you switch your default over to Google Chrome, obviously) when you buy a new computer. However, even though you don’t care for or totally neglect this search engine, take my advice and stop by Uncle Bing’s once in a while, just to see how he’s doing.