Strict Parents- The Epidemic

Ivory Alexander, Contributor

The battle of teenagers versus adults has been a dangerous and never-ending conflict for centuries. The teens manage to fight back with the smacking of the teeth, the powerful rolling of the eyes, and their mysterious ability to plug their ears and ignore their ancient enemies. The adults, however, haven’t given up yet. They are able to take away the sacred iPhones, and are able to maintain some sort of telekinetic control over teenagers to force them to do whatever they want, whether it be to do the dishes or to finish the dreaded homework.

One of the most common enemies of teens is The Strict Parent, a strange entity of high expectations and unfair curfews. The Strict Parent is no easy foe, coming in all shapes and sizes and equipped with frightening powers. They expect their children to never, ever fail, whether it be at sports or in the classroom. 90s or below don’t fly with these creatures—they expect all As from you! Grades are of the utmost importance to The Strict Parent—anything other than that is meaningless to them.

Sadly, there is no escaping The Strict Parent. Studies show that they are powered by coffee and sports, such as basketball or football. They also seem to fly into a rage once they lay eyes on a bad report card, but there has been no funding towards ‘The Better Grades Initiative’ to stop such a phenomenon. Forging a report card has been attempted but almost never successful. Indeed, teens from all over the world are trapped by the shaking of the finger and the shouting of disappointment. If this keeps up, we teenagers will be a doomed species.

Currently, teenagers have been rising up against adults’ tyrannical rule. They have been finally working together against their shared foe: copying off each other’s homework and giving away test answers. They have been partnering up to work towards a better future, one where all children can be rid of “stress,”a disease that has been plaguing them since middle school. The epidemic has been sweeping the nation, causing mental breakdowns and the sweating from the pores.

The adults can take away our precious phones, but they can’t take away our voices! They can ground us and shut us away in our rooms, but they can’t shut away our spirit!

Together, we are strong!

Separated, we are weak!

Rise up, my fellow teenagers, and together, we can end the adults’ control over us and become free once again!