Spring Break in PCB

Imani Ragland, Contributor

Well I lived in PCB for about six years until I moved back to Columbus, and spring time was the wildest time of the year. Picture this! Tourists driving and yelling out of their cars, people driving recklessly on scooters, and a whole lot of drinking. Panama City Beach, Florida, is considered the “Spring Break Capital Of The World” as it is the number one choice for students who want the ultimate Spring Break experience.

Although the new laws focusing on the safety of all concerned and strictly enforced specifically for spring break are :

1. No possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages on the sandy beach during the month of March.
  2. No possession or consumption of alcohol in commercial parking lots.
  3. All alcohol sales end at 2 a.m. through the month of March.
  4. No open house parties.
  5. Parking in a closed business parking lot is prohibited.
  6. Overnight scooter rental is not permitted.
  7. It is illegal to climb, jump from or throw things from balconies.
  8. Parking is prohibited on unmarked or unpaved portions of the road after dark.
  9. Metal shovels are not permitted on the beach, and any holes dug in the sand should not be deeper than 2 feet.

Some of the rules are still disobeyed of course but there’s many fun things to do with family and friends. You can have a nice dinner at the local Hammerhead Fred’s; go to Pier Park and have a nice family outing, and many more fun things to do while on Spring break.

Growing up every year we always went to Panama City Beach, Florida, for vacation. In addition to family vacations, thousands of party-hungry Spring Breakers travel to Panama City Beach each year. Spring break in PCB is non-stop parties at the biggest and best clubs in South, and warm, tropical weather, so it’s no wonder that this city has been attracting college students for over twenty years.

For the teens who want to have fun but aren’t twenty-one yet they even have Teen Night in Club LaVela and there are foam parties! The special events are what make Spring Break the best student event of the year and Panama City Beach has plenty of events you’ll want to be a part of. The World Famous Beach Bash at Sharky’s is still Spring Break’s number one daytime beach party. Thousands flock to the beach each week in March for live music, free giveaways, and celebrity appearances! Hammerhead Fred’s is host to the biggest and best foam party extravaganza every Thursday night and Fridays, be sure to come back for the Glow Paint Party. Personally, I believe this is one of the best spring break spots for teens.