Uptown’s Springer Opera House

If you haven't been lately, plan a trip! It will be worth it!

Uptown's Springer Opera House

Lily Toohey, Contributor

The Springer Opera House is an amazing place to visit! You can take tours or go and watch a beautiful performance.  There is a Springer Theatre Academy, which has ages ranging from Pre-K to high school.

The Springer Film Institute is absolutely phenomenal! You can enjoy multiple classes and they will teach you everything you need to know, including, how to create your own films, how to act, how to edit films, and even more!

Amazing Grace is a story about a young black girl, who has very big dreams. When her classmates say she can’t be the main role in Peter Pan because she is black, she doesn’t listen to what they say and she continues to believe in herself. This show started October 12th and will run all the way to October 21st.

If you have younger siblings, you could most definitely take them to see Five Little Monkeys. This performance is about five monkeys who just won’t listen. It is geared towards five year-olds, but all ages will love it. The show starts November 8th and runs through November 10th with start times of 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. November 11th is a matinee with a start time of 2:00.

If you have never been to the Springer or are interested in any of their performances or classes, I highly recommend you visit them.

Amazing Grace will be from October 12th  through October 21st.

Five Little Monkeys will be from November 8th through November 11th.