Beauty Tips for Teens

How to look "put together" for cheap-

Lily Toohey, Contributor

Many teens (including myself) want to look put together, but we don’t want to break the bank either. Clothes can cost so much money and when you’re a student, you don’t want to spend all your money on clothing. Luckily, there are many things you can do to look put together for cheap.  I have put together five tips on how you can look trendy and put together, without breaking the bank.

1. Extremely Easy Low Bun: Many of the Kardashians, tend to do a sleek low bun. If your hair is just not cooperating, try the low bun. Wet your hair with water and slick it down. Pull your hair to the back of your head and put it into a low bun. Spray your fly away hairs with hairspray, and now you’re catwalk ready!
  2. Cheap jewelry: I personally believe that hoop earrings can improve any outfit. You can buy cheap hoop earrings just about anywhere. Whether you prefer gold or silver, pop these earrings in your ears and you now look like you have your life together (whether you do or not)! The hoops and the sleek bun also balance each other quite nicely.
  3. The One or the Other Trick: I learned this trick from a social media influencer named Alisha Marie. For this trick, she explains that if you want to be comfortable wherever you are going, dress more casual but make sure your hair and makeup are the main focus and that they look really good. For this, Alisha styled sweatpants with heels and had her hair and makeup beautifully done. Now this is where the one or the other trick comes in. If your outfit is on point, do your hair and makeup more relaxed. This gives you more freedom to choose which part of your look you really want to dress up and which one you want more casual. This will create your look but comes off as effortless.
  4. Bold Lipstick: Wearing a bold lipstick will stand out and make you look more confident. Instead of doing a full face of makeup throw on a red lipstick or any color of your choice.
  5. Throw a Jacket On: Throwing a jacket on will make any outfit look ten times better. Whether it is a jean jacket, camo, or fluffy, it will improve your outfit. You can wear plain jeans with a white t-shirt and then throw on a jacket and it will make the outfit more interesting. Jackets can be extremely expensive, so I recommend that you thrift for them. You can find unique, one of a kind pieces at a thrift store.

Looking good doesn’t have to make you go broke. Buying cheap accessories, such as earrings, can up your style game. Everyone has a different definition of what looking “put together” really looks like. As long as you wear what you feel your best in and what makes you feel beautiful and confident, that is all that matters.